Fast Burn 385 Base
The Fast Burn 385 Base crate engine is delivered with an aluminum dual-plane intake manifold, HEI distributor, cast iron water pump, damper, and flexplate. You only need to add a carburetor, fuel pump, starter, and plug wires to fire it up. All of these parts can be purchased from your GM Performance Parts dealer.
NOTE: Intended for pre-1977 street vehicles and all off-road
vehicles. Not intended for marine use.
- Replace that iron-headed original
- Make that show car a little faster than you first planned
- Take it drag racing and see what happens
*Applications have not been validated. They are merely suggestions of how you might enjoy your GM Performance Parts crate engine. Some applications may affect engine warranty. See specific warranty information. Some applications may not be emission legal; check state and local ordinances.
|FAST BURN 385 TECH SPECS:
|Part Number: ||12496769|
|Engine type: ||Chevy small-block V-8|
|Displacement (cu in): ||350|
|Bore x stroke (in): ||4.00 x 3.48|
|Block (P/N 10105123): ||Cast iron with 4-bolt main caps|
|Crankshaft (P/N 12556307): ||Forged steel|
|Connecting rods (P/N 10108688): ||Powdered metal steel|
|Pistons (P/N 10159436): ||Hypereutectic aluminum|
|Camshaft type (P/N 10185071): ||Hydraulic roller|
|Camshaft lift (in): ||.474 intake / .510 exhaust|
|Camshaft duration (@.050 in): ||208'c1 intake / 221'c1 exhaust|
|Cylinder heads (P/N 12464298): ||Fast Burn aluminum; 62cc chambers|
|Valve size (in): ||2.00 intake / 1.55 exhaust|
|Compression ratio: ||9.6:1|
|Rocker Arms (P/N 10089648): ||stamped steel|
|Rocker arm ratio: ||1.5:1|
|Recommended fuel: ||92 octane|
|Ignition timing: ||32'c1 total @ 4000 rpm with vacuum advance disconnected|
|Maximum rpm: ||5800||
- NOTE: Distributor with melonized steel gear MUST be used with long blocks and partial engines with steel camshafts, or engine damage will occur.
- Comes with 12.75" externally balanced automatic transmission flexplate; change to externally balanced flywheel for manual transmission applications. See chart on page 171.
- Intended for pre-1977 street vehicles or all off-road vehicles.
- Not intended for marine use.
- Some assembly required.