ZZ502/502 Deluxe - The ultimate crate engine kit for a 502" big-block.
For those of you who want your ZZ502/502 already assembled, GM Performance Parts has just what you need. The ZZ502/502 Deluxe crate engine includes the entire engine, from carb to oil pan, and comes completely assembled from the factory. It includes a Holley 850-cfm four-barrel carburetor, dual-plane water intake manifold CNC-port matched to the oval-port heads, starter, distributor, plug wires, and water pump. The ZZ502/502 Deluxe big block Chevy crate engine offers you a GM Performance Parts-tested and validated 502 horsepower/567 lb.-ft. of torque combination with a 12-month warranty.
The ZZ502/502 comes with our aluminum oval-port, big-valve street heads that flow enough air to satisfy the demands of the hungry 4.47" bores and 4.00" stroke crankshaft. To ensure a long and productive life, this performance big-block is based on a Gen VI block with four-bolt mains, a forged steel crank, forged steel rods, and forged aluminum 9.6:1 pistons.
- Anything that you want to have over 500 horsepower in
- The perfect drag racing foundation
- A hot rod that you want to get noticed in for more than the paint quality
*Applications have not been validated. They are merely suggestions of how you might enjoy your GM Performance Parts crate engine. Some applications may affect engine warranty. See specific warranty information. Some applications may not be emission legal; check state and local ordinances.
|ZZ502/502 BASE ENGINE TECH SPECS:
|Part Number: ||19201332|
|Displacement (cu in): ||502|
|Bore x stroke (in): ||4.47 x 4.00|
|Block (P/N 10237292): ||Cast iron with 4-bolt main caps|
|Crankshaft (P/N 10183723): ||Forged steel|
|Connecting rods (P/N 10198922): ||Forged steel, shot peened|
|Pistons (P/N 12533507): ||Forged aluminum|
|Camshaft type (P/N 12366543): ||Hydraulic roller|
|Camshaft lift (in): ||.527 intake / .544 exhaust|
|Camshaft duration (@.050 in): ||224'c1 intake / 234'c1 exhaust|
|Cylinder heads (P/N 12363390): ||Aluminum oval port; 110cc chambers|
|Valve size (in): ||2.25 intake / 1.88 exhaust; stain less steel|
|Compression ratio: ||9.6:1|
|Rocker Arms (P/N 12368082): ||Stamped steel|
|Rocker arm ratio: ||1.7:1|
|Distributor (P/N 93440806): ||HEI type|
|Carburetor (P/N 12366996): ||850 cfm|
|Water pump (P/N 14058915): ||Aluminum, short-style|
|Spark plugs & wires: ||Included|
|Starter (P/N 9000852):|| Included|
|Flexplate (P/N 10185034): ||14"|
|Recommended fuel: ||92 octane|
|Ignition timing: ||8'c1 BTDC @ 800 rpm; 36'c1 total @ 5000 rpm|
|Maximum rpm: ||5800||
- NOTE: Distributor with melonized steel gear MUST be used with long blocks and partial engines with steel camshafts, or engine damage will occur. GMPP distributor P/N 93440806 is recommended.
- Carburetor and starter not installed because of crate fitment.
- Clutch linkage boss is cast into block, but must be drilled and tapped. When using cast iron exhaust manifolds, lower head bolts may need to be replaced with bolts with shorter heads, for clearance.
- Requires electric fuel pump because Gen VI block has no mechanical pump boss
- Comes with a 14" automatic transmission flexplate.
- Intended for pre-1977 street vehicles or all off-road vehicles.
- Not intended for marine applications.